30 January 2015
Seven steps towards selling your home
Is 2015 the year you put your house up for sale?
Whether it’s time to upsize, downsize or simply find a property to better suit you lifestyle, there are few things you should start doing to help you achieve the best possible price.
- Prepare yourself mentally Selling your home can be very emotional for most people – If you are planning on selling your home this year, start thinking of the sale as more of a financial decision than an emotional one. It’s much easier to sell a house than a home.
- Do your own research It’s always best to have an idea of your properties value before you engage a real estate agent so that you can work together on setting a realistic price expectation.Keep an eye out for similar properties and their sale prices, what features appear to be popular and start compiling a list of agents that are getting good results and who’ve impressed you in their approach and follow up.
- Find the right agent Finding the right agent can make a huge difference to your selling price and your stress level. You need to find an agent who’ll work hard, communicate well and will achieve the best possible result for you.The best way to do this is to spend a few months going to open for inspections and auctions in your area and seeing how each agent operates. Make notes as to which agents presented well, showed the property when they were supposed to, answered questions about the property honestly, followed up with you and kept you updated throughout the sale process.
- Touch ups If your property is looking a little neglected, it could be worth doing some cosmetic touch ups. A coat of paint, patching up any cracks, cleaning cobwebs and replacing any broken tiles will help make a good first impression to potential buyers.There’s no need to completely renovate your property but speak to your agent about any recommendations they may have to help make the best first impression.
- Plan your sale campaign If you want to sell your house for the best price, you have to make it as easy as possible for potential purchasers to buy your house.Get your calendar out and plan wisely (look out for public/religious holidays etc and plan around those).Choose either private sale or auction for your property. This will depend on the type of house your selling and the demand for those type of properties at the time.
- Style your home The presentation of your home can have a big impact on the final selling price.Many vendors are now choosing to hire interior designers and stylists to prepare their homes for the sale process. Not only will the house look impressive to everyone who inspects the property, a good stylist will help make your property stand out in all the marketing material and online listings.This can be expensive but will usually pay for itself in the final sale price.
- Inspections Most agents will show your house once or twice a week. The good agents will want to show your property more often.Although this may be a bit more of a distraction to your life, being flexible and always prepared to have your home inspected can help attract more potential buyers.It will also give the agent an opportunity to spend more time with buyers if they’re avoiding the large weekend crowds.
If you would like to discuss any of your property needs, whether it be renting/selling your property or buying a property, please feel free to contact me on 0413 807 344 or you can email me on firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Raine and Horne Double Bay
FAVOURITE PICS OF THE WEEK!
HAPPY SAFE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!